ADDISON 1871 RUGBY SHIRT
The vintage Addison 1871 rugby shirt is made with a heavyweight slub cotton which gives the shirt a hard wearing yet soft and comfortable retro style finish.
This vintage ‘old school’ Addison 1871 rugby shirt combines heritage colour dyes with a distressed wash to produce a nicely worn-in look and feel.
The letter ‘A’ is sewn on to a square patch on the back of the shirt to reflect the tradition of letters, as well as numbers, being used on rugby shirts.
This classic Addison 1871 rugby shirt is inspired by the founding members of the RFU.
All our vintage rugby shirts come packaged in a stylish Black&Blue1871 cotton drawstring bag.
FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION
Addison were founded in 1869 with about 50 members and fielded two XXs.
The club originated in the part of Kensington to the west of Holland Park. The streets are named after Joseph Addison, the politician and writer. Addison himself once lived at Holland House in Holland Park.
Addison originally played and changed at the red House Farm, in what is now called Little Wormwood Scrubs.
In 1872 the club moved to the ‘Rifle Pavilion’ on the corner of Wood Lane and North Pole Road. The club moved again in 1874 to Shepherd’s Bush Green.
Addison disbanded in 1875
Heavyweight high quality 100% slub cotton
Embroidered Addison logo
Embroidered 1871 detailing on the back of the neck
Letter ‘A’ patch sewn on the back of the shirt
Two rubber button placket
Made in Portugal
Founded in 1869.
Addison originally played and changed at the Red House Farm, in what is now called Little Wormwood Scrubs.
In 1874 the club moved to Shepherd’s Bush Green.
Addison disbanded in 1875.
All our rugby shirts are folded with tissue paper and come with a swing tag in a Black&Blue 1871 cotton drawstring bag.
As we hate too much packaging waste, the drawstring bag comes in useful as a laundry bag when travelling or simply to store your plastic bags in the car ready to use when shopping.
Postage for the shirts are determined at the checkout page.