QUEEN’S HOUSE 1871 RUGBY SHIRT
The vintage Queen’s House 1871 rugby shirt is made with a heavyweight slub cotton which gives the shirt a hard wearing yet soft and comfortable retro style finish.
This vintage ‘old school’ shirt combines heritage colour dyes with a distressed wash to produce a nicely worn-in look and feel.
The number 12 is sewn on to the back of the shirt.
This classic Queen’s House 1871 rugby shirt is inspired by the founding members of the RFU.
All our vintage rugby shirts come packaged in a stylish Black&Blue1871 cotton drawstring bag.
FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE RUGBY FOOTBALL UNION
Queen’s House were founded in 1867.
The club was founded by 3 sets of Greenwich-born brothers; Rowland and Edward Hill, Cameron, Malcolm and Walter Hewitt and Tom, Fred and Sydney Fry.
The club was named after the Queen’s House in Greenwich, which happened to be the birthplace of Rowland and Edward Hill.
Queen’s House played their home fixtures on the west side of Blackheath Common, and used the ‘Dukes Head’ in Dartmouth Road, Lewisham, as their headquarters.
Queen’s House produced three England Internationals; Sydney Ellis, Thomas William Fry and Walter William Hewitt.
But have perhaps the most famous member of the club was George Rowland Hill. Who later went on to become a pillar of the RFU establishment. Hill served the Union as honorary secretary for 23 years. He was the first man ever to be knighted for services to Rugby Union Football, and the Roland Hill Gates at Twickenham were erected by a grateful RFU to commemorate his memory.
Queen’s House with disbanded in 1883
Heavy duty slub cotton to give it a pre-worn feel
Embroidered Queen’s House logo
Embroidered 1871 detailing on the back of the neck
Number 12 sewn on the back of the shirt
Two rubber button placket
Made in Portugal
QUEEN’S HOUSE F.C.
Founder member of the Rugby Football Union.
Founded in 1867.
The club was named after Queen’s House in Greenwich.
Queen’s House played on Blackheath Common and changed at the Duke’s Head in Dartmouth Row, Blackheath.
They were the only London club never to have been beaten by London Scottish.
Queen’s House disbanded in 1883.
All our rugby shirts are folded with tissue paper and come with a swing tag in a Black&Blue 1871 cotton drawstring bag.
As we hate too much packaging waste, the drawstring bag comes in useful as a laundry bag when travelling or simply to store your plastic bags in the car ready to use when shopping.
Postage for the shirts are determined at the checkout page.