GIPSIES were founded in 1868. During the summer of 1868 Francis Luscombe, James Alfred Body and William J. Parker, all keen former Tonbridge School Rugby Football players, arranged a card of matches with a few friends against some of the fledgling rugby clubs existing in London at that time. The club decided to play matches under both union and association rules. The Gipsies first played on Peckham Rye Common, using changing facilities at the ‘Kings Arms’ in Peckham Rye Road overlooking the playing area.
GIPSIES disbanded in 1883.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER