WEST KENT F.C.
WEST KENT was founded in 1867 by a nucleus of Old Rugbeians. One of the founders Arthur Guillemard, a Lewisham man had previously played Association football for the famous Wanderers Football Club. He also played rugby football for Richmond Football Club.
West Kent FC played both codes of football at Chislehurst Common, on the same ground as their illustrious counterparts, the West Kent Cricket Club. The club used the ‘Imperial Arms’ pub at Chislehurst as their headquarters.
WEST KENT disbanded in 1886 when the members decided to give up the running game and play Association Football only.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER