FLAMINGOES were founded in 1865 with about 95 members fielding four XXs.
They played at Battersea Park, 5 minutes walk from York Road Station and the Steamboat pier. The Flamingoes changed at ‘The Clockhouse’ pub in Battersea Park Road. Flamingos were, in their time, very much a first-class club with a fine fixture list which included Blackheath, Harlequins and Richmond.
FLAMINGOES disbanded in 1877.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER